Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Future is so bright, I am gonna need shades

I am so excited! Why you ask? Today rocked....If you are following my blog, you know that my lovely DH is on his way to getting a Church Evangelism and Church Planting from Liberty. I love that he is excited about the degree and that he feels like he is on the right track. I have been so excited to see God answer this prayer as well as to see my Hubby talk about his future ambitions for God's Kingdom. I feel honored to have him finally begin sharing his dreams with me, as well as knowing that he does dream!
And as you have all heard, I have been dreaming about being a teacher...an elementary teacher, and now the rest of the story plays in. I have always had a heart for Hispanic children, because my mom came from another country I have always been intensely aware that their are often cultural dynamics as well as other issues that face these children in addition to the fact that they have to learn a very difficult language. English can be very hard, then add in slang and dialect differences and it can seem a bit much. But here is what I am trying to get to, as soon as I complete my bachelor degree next March, I am going right into taking my Master of Arts Degree in English Language Learning. This is an interesting degree in that not all the states offer these classes. But I think I can say that I can go without teaching in WV, AL, WY, WI, SC, or SD. I think this is going to be a great option for me, letting me still have some opportunities to interact with children in small groups and open up several option to instruct at the community college level. This makes me really excited! Another journey is starting...I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! My blog isn't on your list but Sparky's is? That's just wrong... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, you are now on my list....see A Mere Servant Rambling...you have been added. Love you!

    ReplyDelete